TC211 Workshop Cancun 2019
CONTENT OF THE ISSMGE TC211 Workshop – Ground Improvement
Within the framework of the XVI Panamerican Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering held in November 2019 in Cancun, the TC211 board has organized a Workshop dedicated to the theme: Design, Execution and QA/QC of ground improvement works.
The next presentations were part of the TC211 Workshop:
- Quality Control of Vibro-compacted Carbonate Sands by means of CPT by Patrick Mengé (DEME)
- Wind Turbine Tower Foundations Ground Improvement using Rammed Aggregate Piers by Juan Pablo Rodríguez (Geopier Foundation Company)
- State of the Art of QA/QC for Deep Mixing applications by Michel Coudry (Soletanche Bachy)
- Deep ground improvement by Controlled Modulus Columns (CMC) and Prefabricated Vertical Drains (PVD) for the future Fuel Terminal in Tuxpan, Veracruz by Rémi Chatte (Menard Mexico)
- State of Practice of Vibro Compaction in Asia by Leong Kam Weng (Keller)
Within the framework of the PANAM conference, Professor Vernon Schaefer has also given a Keynote titled: Past, Present & Future of Ground Improvement
in the Americas including history, current practices and vision for future of GI works.